For someone who is always hungry, loves to eat food out of giant bowls and goes for massive portions – zoodles are your best friend. The carb-friendly version of noodles is so so so easy to make and the meat sauce is even easier.
Okay fine I may have cheated a little by using a jar of sauce but I really liked the Rao’s brand as the sugar content is low and the ingredients are on point. I just simply dressed it up with some meat, onions and mushrooms.For the zucchini noodles, my preference is using a hand spiralizer like this as it is so easy to clean. I used to own one of those massive spiralizers with all the different blade settings and probably only used it once because it was very difficult to clean – ain’t nobody got time for that.
If zoodles aren’t your thing, this sauce goes great with anything – give it a try!
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 2 cups white mushroom slices
- 1 small white onion
- 1 jar tomato sauce of choice (I prefer Rao's)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hand-spiralize zucchinis and set aside.
- In saucepan heat olive oil.
- Add in onion. Once onion is soft add in mushrooms.
- Once mushrooms soften add in meat and cook until brown.
- When meat is browned, pour jar of tomato sauce into pan and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over zoodles and enjoy!